Swedish Bitters Capsules
Bitter-tasting herbs were once an important part of Native American, European and Chinese diets. Medicines made from bitter herbs, such as Swedish Bitters, are used as a digestive and are beneficial for the intestinal tract. The concept of a Swedish Bitter herbal blend began somewhere in the 1500's; today this formula is one of the most popular herbal tinctures. It has many versatile uses besides its use as a digestive bitter.
- Swedish Bitters is a western herbal medicine traditionally used for the relief of indigestion symptoms such as, heartburn, reflux, abdominal discomfort and flatulence.
- An ideal bitter food supplement to complement our diet.
- Aloe, senna and rhubarb in this product may help maintain regularity with their laxative action.
Manna ash (Fraxinus ornus) stem bark oleoresin powder 33.33 mg
Carline thistle (Carlina acaulis) root powder 16.665 mg
Zedoary* (Curcuma zedoaria) rhizome powder 38.092 mg
Saffron (Crocus sativus) stigma & style powder 664.437 mcg
Cinnamon* (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) powder 4.762 mg
Angelica* (Angelica archangelic) root and rhizome powder 38.092 mg
Valerian* (Valeriana officinalis) powder 4.762 mg
Black Cohosh* (Cimicifuga racemosa) powder 4.762 mg
Cardamom* (Elettaria cardamomum) fruit powder 4.762 mg
Rhubarb (Rheum officinale) root powder 33.33 mg
Senna (Cassia angustifolia) leaf powder 33.33 mg
Myrrh* (Commiphora molmol) stem bark oleoresin powder 21.427 mg
Aloe ferox (Aloe ferox) leaf inner juice powder 33.33 mg
Non-active Camphor 33.33 mg.
*these ingredients are also known as theriac.
Hilde Hemmes' capsules contain standardised herbal extracts (where possible), which are scientifically tested to guarantee high potency and quality - from batch to batch - and are specially-formulated, non-habit-forming and easy-to-swallow. Hilde Hemmes' capsule shells are made from plant fibre which ensures quick and effective absorption, and are free from any animal by-products, artificial colours, starch, gelatine, yeast, gluten, alcohol, sugar or preservatives.
Features / Benefits
- Listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) as a herbal medicine.
- Contains appropriate information based on latest findings.
- Easy-to-swallow capsule with no unpleasant taste.
- Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, caffeine, gluten, sugars or lactose.
- Capsule shell made from vegetable origin - suitable for vegans and vegetarians
Adults and children over 12 years - take 2-4 capsules after meals for relief indigestion symptoms or before bedtime for constipation relief.
Use only as directed.
If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner. Not recommended for children under 12 or in case of gastric/duodenal ulcers. Laxative warnings ? please note that prolonged use of laxatives may cause serious bowel problems (drink plenty of water).
Do not use when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present, or it you develop diarrhoea. If you are pregnant of breast- feeding, consult your doctor before use.